Black out the center of your JL Rubi Hood.
Cut from 3M 2080 Series Matte Black Wrap Film
*Please contact us for custom colors. Since this is different material than our normal decals, we need to price it for you prior to ordering.
JL Hood Blackout Decal Installation Instructions
IF THERE ARE CREASES IN THE VINYL, DON’T WORRY! THIS DECAL IS MADE FROM HIGH END WRAP VINYL THAT IS MEANT TO BE ABUSED A BIT DURING INSTALL.
A LITTLE GENTLE HEAT WHILE INSTALLING WILL RELEASE ANY CREASES OR WRINKLES AND RETURN THE MATERIAL BACK TO IT’S ORIGINAL FORM.
1. Remove Hood insulation, rubber bumpers and washer fluid nozzles.
2. Using a couple drops of clear dish soap in a spray bottle of clean water, soak the area for application.
3. Peel decal from backer, apply and align, and as carefully and completely as possible push out fluid with a lint free cloth. Apply the red layer, allow to dry, and then install the black layer.
The front edge of the decal may require some finesse and a little bit of heat from a hairdryer or heat gun to conform to the compound curve in the hood. The best plan is to keep it wet underneath the decal and slowly work it out until it lies flat. If you wrinkle or crease the vinyl, don't worry, heat will cause it to spring back to its original smoothness. Be VERY careful how much heat you use, because you can overheat the material past it's memory point.
4. Using a sharp utility knife, carefully cut away access holes for reinstalling the bumpers and washer nozzles. This does not need to be perfect, you essentially need to just puncture the material with an "X" to allow the parts to reinstall.
5. Reinstall washer nozzles, bumpers, and hood insulation.
6. Allow to dry thouroughly before driving the vehicle.
Disclaimer: This decal is MODERATELY DIFFICULT to install. pixeldecals.com cannot accept any liability for you ruining your decal during installation and cannot replace them when you do. If you don't think you have what it takes (We promise you do though!), take the decal to a local sign shop and they should be able to install it for a reasonable price.